Sunday, December 19, 2010

My History With Power Rangers

My history with Power Rangers has been a roller coaster. I was into it then out of it then into it and out of it and so on. Here's my history with PR from 2000-now. Pics from RangerCrew.


It all started when I was 6 years old. I came home from school and The Magic School Bus was on Channel 11 (the FOX station in my city). I haven't seen the MSB since it was off PBS, so I sticked. Then I saw this show afterwords with 5 people with helmets, spandex and giant robots. Soon, I figured out that this show was called "Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue". Soon, I was attached to it, watching it weekday afternoons and Saturday mornings whenever I could. My first episode of PR was a rerun of a Lightspeed Rescue episode called "As Time Runs Out". I also got my first PR Christmas present that year, which was the video "PRLR: Titanium Ranger Curse Of The Cobra".


Then 2001 came in and the new season "Power Rangers Time Force" was premiered. Apparently, I was more into this then Lightspeed Rescue. This has to be my 3rd favorite PR season. 


Soon, I discovered that there was more PR seasons through Video rentals at BlockBuster. I thought all of these were different but good.


The next season which was "Power Rangers Wild Force" interested me again, but not as much as LR and TF. I was also surprised that cable channel ABC Family ran reruns of PR on Sundays, so I had it recorded for me since I didn't have cable back then. After WF, I felt my addiction to PR starting to wind down.


The next season was "Power Rangers Ninja Storm". To tell you the truth, I wasn't that impressed with this season. Nuff said. 


The next season was "Power Rangers Dino Thunder". I was FAR MORE IMPRESSED with this season then Ninja Storm. I also said to myself. After this, me and PR are going to split. I still kept up with the recorded reruns from MMPR-WF on cable and I still had some of the toys. 


Now, I'm ready for a reboot on the first Saban season since WF. "Power Rangers Samurai". I have a feeling it's going to do really-really well. Then again, doesn't PR always succeed?




No comments:

Post a Comment