Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Time For Me To Jump On The Sentai Bandwagon

Pictures come from their reliable sources. 

With Power Rangers MegaForce upon us in about 3 days, I have decided to make a fandom decision. I have decided to follow the Japanese source material that Power Rangers is based on......that's right. It's Super Sentai. 

That's right. I am "jumping on the bandwagon" as the phrase goes. I have decided this since most people in "Ranger Nation" do. Now of course, it won't be older Sentai, it will be the next one that is coming up in 2 weeks. More on that in a bit. 


Few years ago, I saw bits and pieces of Super Sentai, but I didn't watch a full episode or movie. The only one that I actually kept track of when it was on was Gokaiger. But that was only because I (and many others) assumed that this was going to be our 20th Anniversary Season footage, but in turn, it will be used in the 2nd half of MegaForce. I should also note that it was the tribute episodes of the Sentai that was adapted into Power Rangers that I watched along with Super Sentai 199, a few filler episodes and the finale. I never watched it fully, but I probably have more knowledge in that Sentai then the 34 that came before it and the following Sentai. 

I watched the first episode of Go-Busters not subbed.....and that's it. It bored me.

So now, I have decided to become a Sentai VIEWER (Shipping toys from Japan is NOT in my budget right now) and watch the show up until it ends. I have never watched it before it was adapted into Power Rangers, but looking at the way things are going, we might not see the next Sentai adapted until 2017 if Saban Brands decides to stay with Nickelodeon and if the series continues. 

This also mean that this blog will start to see posts related to Sentai despite the fact that this blog that was launched over 3 years ago was only supposed to focus on Power Rangers, but of course change can be good.

With that said, the next Sentai that will debut and my first one as a viewer will be....
"Zyuden Sentai Kyoruger"! The 37th Super Sentai.

Here is the summary from Orends Range blog:
The plot of the 37th entry of the Super Sentai series, Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger is finally revealed! The plot was revealed in the series' official toy catalog.

Long ago, in the time of the dinosaurs, the earth was invaded by forces from outer space. The only people capable of the stopping them was a team known as the Kyouki Ryu no Sha, the People of the Strong Dragons, or, Kyoryuger for short. Now, in the modern world, they return using the powers of the Beast Batteries to fight off this revived threat.

"Zyuden Sentai Kyoruger" debuts on Sunday, February 17th at 7:30 AM on TV Asahi. (Japanese Time)

I will watch it subbed from TV Nihon 



No comments:

Post a Comment